Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Decanted and Ready to Go

As the effects of too many hours on the airplane wear off, I head off at dusk to explore Praha. Old town, the Charles Bridge, Vyšehrad and St. Vitus Cathedral are all doused in golden afternoon light as the sun sinks the edge of the hills. There are some tourists around, but I guess most of them are worn out or at dinner, and I seem to have the streets to myself. Camera in hand, I am over zealous, snapping shots of everything. Almost frantic I catch the end of the sunset, before dragging myself back to the hostel to catch up on sleep, wondering what time it is in Aspen.










Pedestrians criss cross the cobble stone streets of Old Town.

Spires of one of the many churches pierce the evening sky of Praha.

A statue on the Charles Bridge bridges arches toward a rising moon.

A pair of fisherman float the Vltava.

Stunning Gothic arches, spires and gargoyles loom above St. Vitus Cathedral, which took 600 years to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment