Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bottle Shock




"Bottle Shock is a temporary condition where wine will need time to get over the shock of being transferred. The wine must rest and recover, working inside the bottle to reach a new equilibrium." This pretty much sums up how I feel after nearly two days of travel. I think I beat the jet lag, but I have those dulled senses of one stuffed in a tin can hurtling across oceans, as I begin to take in my new surroundings- Prague. I manage to navigate the airport, change money and find my hostel via the metro, dazzled by the foreign letters and signs. I am dazed as I tramp up six flights of stairs to my attic dorm room, immediately regretting every thing I stuffed into my backpack. At the same moment I am thrilled, hardly believing I am here, my two feet planted half a world away from home. Home...it is going to be a long journey of many homes (and beds, roads, foods and languages) over the next couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment